Preschool: Ages 3-5
Create a 10- to 12-slide presentation or other visual (such as a graphic organizer or infographic) that highlights information on language development in preschool-age children.
Include the following information in your presentation or other visual:
- A definition of emergent literacy
- Information on the reading and writing development in typically developing preschool children
- A comparison of the importance of verbal skills (vocabulary, listening, speaking, semantics, and syntax) and later success in reading
- A list of strategies and technological tools that could be used to promote literacy skills and a print-rich environment in the classroom
- Ways to integrate English language learners in the preschool classroom