General Instructions: Imagine you are interviewed by a reporter from the New York Times about President Clintonâ€™s Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994. You take notes during your interview to prepare for a memo you must submit to your supervisor in this weekâ€™s
- Appraise the political and societal issues in the 1990s.
- Present the crime rate in the early 1990s.
- Provide an overview of the policy.
- Justify the political explanation
- Critique the goals and objectives of the policy and determine if they have been reached.
- Explain why and how the policy failed.
- Facilitate suggestions for improvements to the policy.
Length: 7 pages, not including title and reference pages.