For this course, the Individual Projects will build from one week to the next. At the end of the course, you will have developed a paper proposal for a possible change to practice or policy based on your evidence research. NOTE: You will not be collecting any data for this project. You will only be developing the idea and proposal.
The last assignment will consist of a final paper that is the culmination of the Unit 2 and 4 Discussion Boards and all Individual Projects.
Please be sure to incorporate instructor feedback to make your final paper stronger.
Each week, you will complete one part of the final paper. It is outlined below:
- Part I: The PICOT question and explanation of the selected population (from Unit 2 Discussion Board)
- Part II: The interventionâ€”what is the intervention, and why it is selected?
- Part III: The comparisonâ€”what is currently being done or what are other possible interventions to consider?
- Part IV: The outcome(s) and time frameâ€”what is the anticipated outcome from the change in intervention? And, over what period of time? (from Unit 4 Discussion Board)
- Part V: Finalizing and submitting the proposal (Individual Project 4)
Unit 4 Individual Project Assignment:
Review and incorporate the feedback from your DBs in weeks 2 and 4 and all IP assignments.
Develop a complete proposal that includes all of the content from the Units 2 and 4 Discussion Boards and the Individual Projects. Please be sure to address the following points:
- Discuss the PICOT question, in detail, and explain why this research is important to the nursing profession.
- Analyze the literature review, and determine how the current research supports the PICOT question, discussing all of the articles from the literature review.
- Analyze possible evaluation and measurement strategies and potential outcomes.
- Provide insight on how personal experience affects evidence-based practice.
- Discuss change strategies and how to implement them in the work environment to help promote change.
- Determine potential barriers in the workplace to consider when implementing change.
Please click into this APA Style for CTU Students link for help with APA formatting. Use the CTU Writing Style Guide (templates provided) â€“ not the Introductory Writing Style Guide.
Individual Project Rubric
The Individual Project(IP) Grading rubric is a scoring tool that represents the performance expectations for the IP. This Individual Project grading rubric is divided into components that provide a clear description of what should be included within each component for the IP. Itâ€™s the roadmap that can help you in the development of your IP. Individual Project Grading Rubric
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.