You are expected to write a 2-3 page reflection paper (not including cover page and references) describing a preferred approach to counseling from the theories we have covered throughout the semester (e.g., Adlerian, Existential, CBT). The paper must be double spaced and written in APA format with a cover sheet and references. You may select one of the theories, or a combination of them, that you found to be most compatible with your beliefs, and most effective for helping clients deal with their problems.
All of the following needs to be addressed in your paper.
LABEL EACH SECTION OF YOUR PAPER AS FOLLOWS:
- Selected Theories: What theory or theories from the selected readings did you select and why?
- Goals for Therapy: What are the most important goals for therapy according to this approach?
- Role of Therapist: What is your role and function as a therapist according to this approach?
- Techniques: What techniques would you be likely to apply to a specific problem(s) from the selected approach?
- Expectations of Client: What would you expect from your client when using his approach?
Make sure that your opinions and assertions are supported by the information in the text and consistent with the theory or theories you selected. You should use the text as a reference as well as at least one outside resource and refer to it in your paper.
This paper will be run through the Turnitin Plagiarisms Framework. See the universityâ€™s policy on plagiarism.
Grading Rubric for Paper â€“ 15 Points
- COVERAGE OF THE REQUIRED CONTENT- 8 POINTS
- APPLICATION OF THE THEORETICAL CONCEPTS IN YOUR REFLECTIONS- 2 POINTS
- USE OF TEXT TO SUPPORT OPINIONS AND IDEAS- 2 POINTS
- APPLICATION OF AT LEAST ONE OUTSIDE RESOURCE WITH REFERENCE LISTED– 1 POINT
- APA FORMAT- 1 POINT
- GRAMMAR- 1 POINT
THE PDF OF A BOOK IS ATTACHED